The mineral magnesium is crucial for the body to function properly because magnesium is involved in more than 600 of the body's enzymatic reactions.*
According to World Health Organization statistics, as many as 75 percent of U.S. adults do not meet the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Recommended Daily Intake of 420 mg of magnesium. Magnesium deficiency can manifest in many ways, such as inefficient blood sugar metabolism, muscle cramps or soreness, eyelid twitching, fatigue, and poor sleep.*
Why is magnesium important?
• Magnesium is essential for the health of the heart and blood vessels, brain, bones, muscles, and lungs, and to support healthy blood sugar*
• Promotes bronchial relaxation*
• It’s an essential mineral for electrical activity of the heart, which supports healthy heart rate and rhythm*
• Helps relax smooth and skeletal muscle*
• Promotes the dilation of blood vessels (vasodilation), which supports normal blood pressure and enhances blood flow*
• Supports insulin sensitivity for healthy blood sugar*
• Is a cofactor for enzymes involved in cellular energy production*
Benefits of Thorne’s Magnesium Bisglycinate:
• Magnesium Bisglycinate is a great-tasting powder that can be mixed with water, juice, or with another powdered supplement.
• The compound magnesium bisglycinate is also called magnesium glycinate; however, because it has two glycine molecules attached, it is more accurately called “bisglycinate” (bis = two). The bisglycinate form has superior absorption because of increased solubility.*
• Decreased laxative effect compared to other magnesium formulations because the bisglycinate form is a true chelate that completely envelopes the magnesium.*
• Glycine is a neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation and stress reduction in the body – making Magnesium Bisglycinate a good choice for pre-bedtime supplementation to support restful sleep.*
Because athletes need to know their supplements are trustworthy, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations.
How to use
How to use
High Quality Standards
When it comes to your health, there is no settling. We are pleased to offer premium products and take the guesswork out of the selection process so you can focus on living your life at peak performance.
Our goal is to promote healthy living and inspire individuals to take control of their own health. Whether you're looking to make small changes, or a complete lifestyle overhaul, we're here to support and encourage you on your wellness journey.
The Journey to a Better You
We believe that wellness is more than just the absence of illness. Wellness is a state of health and vitality that enables you to live your life to the fullest. We're proud to offer products that nurture your body to its highest state of being.